Thursday, January 12, 2012

We can love....or we can love!

I once heard a mother on a radio station saying that when she taught her children to do they were to take it one step further.  Example:  Jake, please take your dirty clothes to the laundry room.  He was to challenge himself to take it one step further by thinking on his own.  Putting in the washing machine himself would be an example.  I try my best to parent my children to have this heart.  It does not always happen, some days I just get plain disobedience.  However, more than not, they will take it one step further and in that they show love.  They can love me and honor me by doing the task asked of them but then....they can grasp my heart with overwhelming love when they think outside the box on how they can serve more.  This folks, will not go void.   The fruit from this training is sweet and can be used to change the hearts of man.  This chases after the very heart of Christ.

Matt 20:26-28
But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.  For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.

Teaching our children to constantly think of the next step teaches them to be the to be servants and thus one day strong leaders with a Christ-like heart.   Let's teach them to love to serve and then lets teach them to serve is to love.

Let's try this out ourselves....our husbands/wives deserve it, our children deserve it back to them, our neighbors deserve it, our city deserves it......our nation needs to learn from it.  The spirit of giving more of us for the sake of others.

2 comments:

  1. Great word. Honestly, I struggle with this everyday. It's so mush easier to put myself ahead of others. Thank you for the great reminder. I need a find to a few places to post this scripture around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I challenged myself in my own writing ;):):)

    ReplyDelete